Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chapter 25: I Can Dream about You


Note: What goes on from timecode 1:47 isn't in the story.

Adam, Jake & Ellen started to go through a nightlife area. The streets were filled with young adults doing things young adults do. The patrons were dressed in fluorescent colored clothing of many colors. Jake gave Ellen a jacket with a hood. “Put this on, it’d be better off without people recognizing you.” he said.
“We gotta take the monorail back to Saffron Strip.” Said Adam, pointing to the monorail track & station. The three made it past the crowd without causing an uproar of any kind, and entered the monorail station.
Adam remained standing with Jake and Ellen sitting down. “He’s not that social, is he?” Jake asked Ellen.
“Really? Nah, I think he’s a “real” sweetheart.” Ellen retorted.
“Cut him some slack, he was there for you tonight!” Jake said.
“Yeah, whatever. He only did it for selfish reasons.” Ellen said.
“No Ellen, I think you are the one being selfish.” Jake challenged. The monorail arrived, and the three were well on their way to Saffron Strip.
Ellen sat by herself, and Adam and Jake sat side by side, with Adam opposite Ellen. The monorail sped smoothly down the track, and the lights of the Saffron Strip were in view. “You know, nobody else had a grip on you than I did.” Adam said to Ellen. “I would have done anything for you.”
“Whatever, I don’t care anymore.” Ellen said.
“Neither do I, you made your choice, and it didn’t involve me. And I respected that.” Adam said. Ellen understood what Adam meant and started to keep to herself, with tears welling up in her eyes.
The monorail finally arrived at the Saffron Strip, and the three felt more relieved. The monorail doors opened, and the three walked out to a shocking surprise. The lead Hell’s Angel and his Posse were there to ambush them. Ellen screamed at the sight and Adam cradled her in comform, hoping to assure her she will be protected. “What the fuck do you want?” Adam asked.
The lead Hell’s Angel put out his cigarette and walked closer to Adam. “I had a feeling you were behind the rescue.” Said the Leader. “My old “arch-nemesis”.” He teased. He walked back to his posse. “Fortunately, it’s your lucky day. I’m willing to let the girl go.” The Leader offered. “But you and I, are to battle it out right here, right now.”
“You mean a Pokemon Battle?” Adam asked.
“Heh, I’ll show you guys a Pokemon Battle.” Jake said with a sly smile. “Go Scyther!” he said, releasing his Scyther.
“Pff, hah! Go Weez-“ The leader was interrupted as Scyther launched to him. “Yaaaaaah!” he screamed as Scyther slashed him up. Scyther then started attacking the posse, with each of them starting to run away before Scyther killed any of them. They carried the unconscious leader away with them.
“Return Scyther.” Jake said, recalling his Pokemon.
“Let’s go, we can make you back for your nighttime show.” Adam said, and the three of them walked out of the monorail station.

It was nighttime, and Adam & Jake had successfully returned Ellen to the Topolla Theater, where her manager was happy to see her returned. The manager attempted to give Adam a thank-you reward, but he declined. The crowds were roaring, happy to see that their pre-bought tickets would not be wasted, though this was going to be Ellen’s last show for awhile. Adam walked up to Ellen backstage as the pre-show was going on. “So I guess you’re just going to take off from here?” Ellen asked.
“Yeah, I guess so.” Adam said. “… But I hope you understand, for you to be happy, I cannot be in your life. With me training, and your singing, it just isn’t going to work out.”
“… I guess this is it then.” Ellen said, with teardrops going down her cheeks. “Will I ever see you again?”
Adam walked up to her and said, “Only if you wish…” Ellen looked into Adam’s eyes, and the two shared a goodbye kiss. Adam walked off the backstage, with Ellen looking on, as her old lover leaves her life.



Adam left the Topolla Theater with two bags in hand. Coming from behind him, Jake was driving the convertible they ditched, and stopped. “Hey Adam, how do you like my new wheels?” Jake said. “Found it the the middle of the street, somebody just dumped it. Finder’s Keeper’s, you know?”
Adam smirked and said. “So where you heading to now?”
“Fuschia. Feel like checking that place next. Need a ride?” Jake offered.
Adam opened the passenger side door and got in. “Sure. We gotta get ready for the big party, after all.”
“Sounds good to me.” Jake said, shifting into first and pulling off toward Fuschia City.

No comments:

Post a Comment