Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chapter 64: Blue Sight Gym

Jake had left Star City that same morning. It was 1.5 Miles to Blue Sight and there was much to the day. “Woooooh! Shuttle!” Jake whistled, as he hailed down a shuttle. “Take me to Blue Sight Gym.” Jake said to the shuttle driver.
“Yes suh!” said the local shuttle driver.

It was a nice ride up a few hills and forested areas. Blue Sight was slightly inhabited, there were a couple resorts and one with a great view of the harbor and the whole of Shaba Island. “Here we is bey. Da gym!” said the shuttle driver, as he parked at the gym.
“Thanks bey!” said Jake, as he gave the driver a $20 bill. The shuttle drove off, and Jake walked up the stairs to the gym. “I wonder if this is a Water Gym?” Jake asked to himself, noticing the fountains and ponds that were adorning the area. “Hello? Anyone here? I’m here for a gym battle!” said Jake, as there was just a simple swimming pool.
“Is that a gym challenger?” asked a voice of an older woman. “Ah, welcome to my gym. I hate to say this but I really don’t think you will be able to beat me.” said the Gym Leader, who was talking a little differently from other locals.
“Despite the fact that I didn’t do the Kanto gyms, I was still training my Pokemon hard.” said Jake. “I still request the battle.”
“Right then...” said the Gym Leader. “I’m afraid I simply can’t let you beat me. We do things a little differently in my Gym. We must have our battle in this Swimming Pool.” she said, pointing at the simple swimming pool.
“Pssh. Whatever.” answered Jake.
“Right then.” she said again. “Then lets go. Seaking!” she threw a Poke Ball into the pool, and a Seaking emerged.
“Let’s go Pikablu!” said Jake, releasing his Pikablu.
“Pika!” said Pikablu.
“Let the battle begin!” said the Star Island Gym Leader.
“Pikablu, create Whirlpool!” Jake commanded.
“Pikablu!” said Pikablu, and the Pikachu with Marill-Ears dove into the water and spun around the Seaking.
“Seaking, Horn Attack!” ordered the Gym Leader.
“Seaking!” said Seaking, as it thrusted its horn into Pikablu, who was failing to make the whirlpool.
“Pika!” said Pikablu, who was in pain at the Seaking Horn.
“Pikablu! Use Torpedo!” Jake commanded.
“Pikablu!” said Pikablu, as it shot with electricity through the pool.
“KING!” shouted Seaking, it was in a lot of pain, but was still standing.
“Alright, I’m ready.” said the Gym Leader. “Seaking, Horn Drill now!” she commanded.
“No! Pikablu!” said Jake, as Pikablu fainted from Seaking’s Horn Drill. “Ugh! My only water Pokemon!” Jake looked through his remaining Poke Ball’s. “I don’t know if I could trust Scyther... oh, I know! Go Porygon!” said Jake, tossing his Poke Ball.
“Porygon Porygon!” said Jake’s trusty Porygon, who was floating above the water of the pool.
“Porygon, Psybeam!” Jake commanded.
“Pory!” said Porygon, and its nose lit up and blasted a psychedelic beam from it.
“Seaking!” said Seaking, which finally fainted.
“You beat my Seaking, but that’s as far as you go!” said the Gym Leader. Let’s go Cloyster!”
“ClOYS-ter!” said the Gym Leader’s Cloyster.
“Aw crap! Cloyster is an Ice Type, so much for my plan of freezing the water. “Porygon, Sharpen, now!” Jake commanded.
“Porygon....” said Porygon, who had sharpened itself.
“Spike Cannon!” the Gym Leader commanded.
*POW POW POW POW*
“Oh no! Porygon!” said Jake, as Porygon was blasted with spikes.
“Pory....” said Porygon, who had not fainted.
“Recover!” said Jake, and Porygon’s whole body glowed white, and recovered itself. “Return!” Jake said, recalling Porygon. “You need a rest. “Oh man, this isn’t a job for Beedrill... Scyther, you’ll have to do!”
“Scyther!” said Scyther, released from its Poke Ball. Scyther had an angry look in its eyes, but it seemed willing to battle.
“Scyther, Slash!” Jake commanded. Scyther obeyed, and launched to Cloyster, and slashed it in the face.
“Clamp!” ordered the Gym Leader.
“Cloy!” said Cloyster. *CHOMP*
“SCYTHER!” Scyther screamed in pain.
“Scyther! You gotta escape! Try Agility!” Jake commanded.
“Scyther!” *SWOOSH SWOOSH* Scyther broke free of Cloyster’s grapple.
“Now use Swords Dance, and Slash the Water!” Jake ordered.
“Scyther!” said Scyther, as its claws sharpened. “SCY!” Scyther screamed, as it slashed the water, shooting razor waves to Cloyster.
“Oh no! Cloyster!” said the Gym Leader.
“Cloy...” Cloyster was fainted.
“That was my last Pokemon...” said the Gym Leader, conceding defeat.

Outside the gym, Jake and the Gym Leader were standing outside. “Jake, I award you this badge, as proof of your victory!” she said, giving Jake a badge, it was white and red, and shaped like a Lighthouse. Jake had acquired the Lighthouse Badge, one of the four gym badges in the Southern Island Pokemon League.

No comments:

Post a Comment