Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chapter 27: Calm of the Storm

“It is time.” Said a mysterious voice.

It was time for the Party on New Island. The seaport of Fuchsia City was packed with trainers hoping to catch ferries to the party, but all disappointed to see that the weather was not suitable to travel through. Among the trainers were Adam, Matthew, Brian, and Jake.
“I can’t believe this, guys. I was really looking forward to the party.” Said Adam.
“I hope the weather clears up, this looks like it’s going to have a lot of people!” observed Jake.
“I don’t think they’re going to let us go at all.” Said a new voice, approaching them. He appeared to be a tall, muscular trainer with a deep tan and long, braided dreadlocks. “’Sup dudes? My name is Drew.” Drew said, introducing himself. “I’m a trainer from the Southern Islands.”
“The Southern Islands?” asked Jake, interested.
“Yeah, they’re a chain of islands way south.” Drew said, stating the obvious.
“Why do you not think they will let us through?” asked Matthew.
“They’re talking on about spirits being upset with trainers and other yada yada.” Answered Drew. “And they’re talking about things like healing tears and such.”
Just then, three trainers Jake recognized walked into the port. “Would you guys excuse me?” Jake pardoned himself from the conversation, and walked up to the three trainers who appeared to be Ash Ketchum, and Misty & Brock, the Gym Leaders. “Ash, am I glad to see you!”
“Uh…” said Ash.
“Don’t you recognize me? It’s me! Jake!” Jake said.
“Uh… I think I remember you…” said Ash.
“Yeah, but you didn’t even tell us your name.” said Misty, holding a Pokemon never seen before.
“Toki!” said the Pokemon.
“Yeah, I didn’t tell you because I wanted to be mysterious then.” Jake explained. “Have you become a better trainer, Ash?” Jake asked Ash.
“Yeah, I got Seven Badges, and captured seven more Pokemon.” Ash answered.
“Seven? That’s it? Why don’t you catch more Pokemon?” Jake inquired.
“Uh, I don’t know…” Ash said, mind blank.
“I hope you haven’t forgotten about the Four Stats.” Jake said. “They will be important soon.” Ash, Misty & Brock looked around not knowing what to say. “Tell you what, when we get to New Island, lets have a Pokemon Battle!” Jake offered.
“Okay, sure.” Ash said. “A warm-up fight is just what I’d need to take on the Greatest Pokemon Trainer!”
“Fine then.” Jake concluded, and walked back to his friends. “Any updates?” Jake asked them.
“They said the captain is going to decide soon.” Said Brian. “But I’m starting to think we’re not going anywhere.”
After ten more minutes had past, the sea captain of the ferry came up to make an announcement. “I’m sorry everyone, but there will be no ferries to New Island. The weather is just too unsafe.” He said, leading to the crowd moaning.
“But what about the party?” asked a trainer.
“The World’s Greatest Pokemon Trainer is expecting us!” said another.
“I say we just use our Pokemon!” proclaimed a trainer.
“That’s a good idea, all my Pokemon are Water-Type!” said a guy in a blue tanktop. Three trainers ran out to the dock and each released their Gyarados, Pidgeot, and Dewgong.
“Let’s go guys!” said Matthew to Jake, Adam & Brian. “We can do that too!”
“Yeah! Lets do it!” said Adam, with him and Brian following Matthew to the dock.
“Wait! I don’t even have a Water Pokemon or a Flying Pokemon!” said Jake. It was too late for Jake to catch up, Adam, Matthew & Brian and left with their Charizard, Gyarados, and Aerodactyl respectively.
“Wait, kids! You don’t have any idea what you’re doing!” screamed the sea captain, hoping to stop the reckless trainers from their imminent doom.
“Excuse me, sir.” Asked Jake the captain. “Do you have a computer with internet?”
“Oh, sure, its in the front.” The Captain pointed to the computer in the front.
“Thanks!” said Jake, going to use the computer. On the dock, Ash, Misty & Brock boarded a Viking Boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment