Tuesday, May 15, 2012

On Pokemon Battles

Ever since I started this fanfic, you might have noticed I never have had a real writing format for Pokemon Battles. I resort to making up moves, create unrealistic scenarios, or even blatantly skim right through them.

Well, I guess this might stem from the fact that even from the beginning of the Pokemon franchise, I found the idea of constantly battling Pokemon over and over was rather boring. Hence, writing Pokemon Battles are just grating for me. Thankfully, this whole story isn't centered around Pokemon Battling, but a mysterious rise of power and "Secrets" (which was basically inspired by things like "Poke-Gods" hidden cities and the like, in the main games).

However, as it's still taking place in the world of Pokemon, I have to include battles every now and then.

Currently, I am writing at the "Pokemon League Arc" and as the name implies, Pokemon Battles are going to go on. I'm pretty much glossing over most of them, however. Only two battles are going to be really important here.

After I get those chapters done, I should be able to get back into full swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment