Monday, April 25, 2011

Chapter 6: Pika… Blue?

Finally, Jake was out of the Viridian Forest, the sun was almost ready to set. Pikachu was lying on his shoulder, still crying rivers, and showing no sign of stopping. “Don’t worry Pikachu, we’re almost at the Pokemon Center.” Said Jake. Pikachu started to bawl louder. “Alright, I know! Maybe some practice will cheer you up. Go Kakuna!” Kakuna was released from its Pokeball. “Okay Kakuna, Pikachu is going to try to shock you, just use Harden and take it, it’s for the best.” Kakuna understood and used Harden. “Okay Pikachu, use Thundershock!” Electricity started to crackle weakly out of Pikachu’s cheeks, but it managed to perform a Thundershock on Kakuna. “Alright! Do it again Pikachu!” said Jake. Again, weak electricity crackled out of its cheeks, but Pikachu failed to use Thundershock. Pikachu started crying even more profusely than before. Jake sighed, “I don’t know what to do…”
Jake entered the Pokemon Center, approached the desk, and rang the bell.
“Good Evening, welcome to our Pokemon Center!” said the Nurse.
“Please heal my two Pokemon, and if you could, see what’s wrong with my Pikachu.” Responded Jake. The Nurse took the Pokemon into the back room. Jake noticed a familiar face in the lounge. It was Matthew!
“Hey, Jake!” said Matthew, catching Jake’s attention.
“Hey Matthew, how’s it going?” asked Jake.
“Awesome! I beat the Pewter City Gym Leader about an hour ago. What about you? Have you caught any new Pokemon yet?” asked Matthew.
“Well, my Weedle evolved, but other than that, I just caught a Pikachu.”
“Just a Pikachu? You’re never going to beat the Gym Leader! He uses Rock types.”
“That’s okay, because I’ve decided there’s no need for Gym Badges.” said Jake. “All I wanted to do from the start was share the world with Pokemon friends, and to find new ways for us to interact. And besides, I have other things to worry about for now, Pikachu’s Thunder Attacks are faulty!”
“Oh man.” Responded Matthew. “I hope you can help it.”
“So do I.” said Jake. “So do I…” Just then, the pinger went off.
“Thank you for waiting Jake, your Pokemon have been fully healed.” The Nurse said.
“Thanks! Did you figure out what’s wrong with Pikachu?” asked Jake.
“Well, since I’m no Pokemon Psychologist, I’m not 100% sure, but I found out this Pikachu is only a child, and it cannot use electricity attacks properly. My guess is its subsequent depression was brought on by it being teased by other Young Pikachu’s who can use Electric attacks properly.”
“Oh wow, so Pikachu was bullied?” asked Jake in response.
“It could have been, but my recommendation to you is to keep on training Pikachu, maybe after a few levels, its Thundershock will no longer be faulty.”
Pikachu was crying in Jake’s arms. “Pikachu, I’m sorry.”

No comments:

Post a Comment